Skip the supreme pizza and opt for this lighter version of everyone’s favorite food—featuring microgreens, asparagus and peas!
Recipe adapted from Half Baked Harvest
Spring Inspired Pizza
- 1/2 pound homemade or store-bought pizza dough
- 1 small bunch asparagus, ribboned with a vegetable peeler
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 handful of microgreens
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Crushed red pepper flakes, for sprinkling
Lemon Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Juice + zest of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 head of roasted garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper
Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until combined. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Flour a large baking sheet.
On a lightly floured surface, push/roll the dough out until it is pretty thin (about a 10-12 inch circle). Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet. Spread the dough with a couple spoonfuls of vinaigrette and top with the fresh mozzarella, asparagus and peas. Drizzle lightly with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Transfer the pizza to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the crust is golden and the veggies lightly charred. Remove from the oven and top with prosciutto. Let the pizza sit 5 minutes and allow the burrata to melt. Top with microgreens, chives and crushed red pepper. Serve with the remaining vinaigrette and a bottle of Bonterra Sauvignon Blanc.